OPEN POSITION: Structural Designer
Afghan Associates, Inc. located in Beaverton, OR is seeking a Structural Designer with a Bachelor degree in Civil or Structural Engineering and 18 months Exp. Email resume to email@example.com
Duties are as follows:
- Design structures utilizing concrete, wood, masonry and steel for mixed-use and light industrial projects.
- Perform structural calculations, detail, and design for different types of elements and different types of materials.
- Develop structural details.
- Have a strong knowledge of structural analysis and mechanics of materials, timber, reinforced concrete, steel, and masonry design.
- Have the ability to read and interpret construction drawings.
- Be able to work collaboratively with a team of Engineers.
- Review shop drawings submitted by contractors.
- Have working experience in structural design software such as RAM CONCEPT, RAM STRUCTURAL, SAP, ETABS, RISA3D, ENERCALC, anchorage design software or equivalent.
- Have the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Must have working experience with ASCE 31 and ASCE 41 for seismic evaluations and retrofits of existing buildings.
AAI Engineering is an employee-focused company
where the traditional compensation and benefits
package is supplemented by a supportive corporate
At AAI, our goal is to develop long-term, mutually beneficial employment relationships. Consequently, employee satisfaction is a top priority. We recognize that the success of our firm depends upon the staff we hire and that our employee’s personal progress, education, training, and development into industry leaders is fundamental to our continued growth.
We provide all of our staff with a wide
variety of projects, which are conducted
in an open, collaborative, environment. For
new engineers, the focus is to develop a
solid foundation for their engineering career.
For more experienced engineers, the variety
serves to provide opportunities for continuous
improvement through challenging and interesting
We are always open to meeting with talented people who share our philosophy. If you are interested in working on great projects in a friendly, yet challenging, workplace, please contact us.
AAI also values our responsibility to a sustainable environment. Our location in the heart of Beaverton, OR places us in a central location from which we are an easy commute for a large number of people. Access to mass transit via the light rail or buses is nearby. For select positions, telecommuting options may be available.
AAI’s competitive compensation includes an excellent benefits package offering paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave; a company-sponsored retirement plan, 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan; paid medical, dental, and vision group plans; a flexible medical spending account (Cafeteria Plan); company-paid life insurance; long-term disability insurance; company paid professional membership in multiple organizations; company sponsored annual professional registrations and opportunities for tuition reimbursement.
AAI Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to recruit, employ, train, compensate, transfer, and promote people without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.